Do you have the passion, vision, and leadership
skills to be a Champion Changemaker Chair?
Champion Changemaker Chair
We are seeking a locally-based, new Chair, to lead our mission of transforming communities and enriching lives. Join us and drive our vision to be the “go-to” funder and partner of emerging community groups in Worthing.
We’re seeking a seasoned leader who brings a proven track record of leadership excellence to the table. You will have an understanding of the charity sector and Worthing community. Your expertise will seamlessly integrate with our cause, requiring minimal training on leadership and allowing us to focus on introducing you to the dynamic world of our charity.
Worthing Community Chest is a registered, local, independent charity that enables local groups and charities to achieve community enrichment through grants we award.
To be the “go-to” funder and partner of new and developing community groups in Worthing. Together we improve, transform and enrich lives.
What is a trustee?
As the Chair, you will become one of our trustees, also called board members. Becoming a trustee at Worthing Community Chest is a great way of contributing to causes you care about and developing strategic and leadership skills at the same time. Whether you are an experienced trustee or want to take your first step at board level, we want to hear from you.
We strive for a fairer and more inclusive board. Currently, our board is 16% female and 16% from ethnic minorities. We strongly encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, and individuals with disabilities. A diverse board will better represent the varied groups we support. Join us in making a difference.
- Commitment that Transforms: From captivating board meetings to championing events and cultivating charity relationships, your commitment will be the driving force behind our community’s positive change.
- Community Insight and Connection: Immerse yourself in the local scene, embodying our mission to the core. Your community connections will fuel your leadership, inspiring positive changes that resonate deeply with our funded groups.
- Collaborative Leadership: Establish a welcoming board dynamic, explore trustees’ strengths, and facilitate detailed discussions and decisions.
- Strategic Mastery: Infuse the UN Sustainable Development Goals into crafting imaginative solutions and revolutionary ideas that will leave a lasting impact.
- Charismatic Catalyst: Elevate our mission with compelling authenticity, injecting verve into our profile and forging vibrant partnerships that magnetize funding and volunteers.
- Flexibility: Accommodate diverse board schedules, offering a proactive and adaptable approach.
- Magnetic Connector: Draw trustees into an inclusive and cohesive team, cultivating an informed and engaged board. Your charismatic leadership will ensure everyone feels compelled to contribute and collaborate.
- Elevated Integrity: Steer with unwavering ethical resolve, embracing a vibrant culture of inclusivity and respect. Your leadership will be a beacon of inspiration, uniting us under a shared commitment to our values.
- Dynamic Dialogue Mastery: Empower our mission through skilful communication that transforms ideas into action. Your adept leadership will propel us forward, ensuring decisions are crystal clear and ignite actionable outcomes.
- Your Legacy in Motion: As Chair of Worthing Community Chest, ignite change, empower lives, and co-create a lasting legacy within our community. Together, we’ll etch a vibrant mark that endures for generations to come.
As our leader, you will enjoy the following benefits:
Champion of Change: Be the architect of innovation. Seize the reins of influence and decision-making, shaping the landscape of our grant giving and community enrichment.
- Location and Accessibility: Our office is conveniently located at Freedom Works, Stoke Abbott Rd, Worthing BN11 1HJ, near the A259 and A24 in Worthing. The premises are easily accessible by car and public transportation.
- Parking: Ample parking facilities are available near our office, ensuring convenience for volunteers who prefer to drive.
- Public Transportation: Bus stops in Chapel Road, Worthing, are located nearby, providing accessible public transportation options for volunteers who prefer to use buses.
- Flexible Hours: We understand the importance of flexibility and strive to accommodate volunteers’ availability as much as possible. We can discuss flexible scheduling options to ensure a suitable time commitment for the chair and trustees.
- Legal Commitments: As a trustee, you will have legal responsibilities governed by law. For detailed information on these commitments, please follow the provided link.
- Meeting Schedule: Trustees meet every six weeks for board meetings, where important decisions are made. Additionally, working groups and fundraising events may be organized in between board meetings. We encourage trustees to actively participate in these activities and serve as ambassadors for Worthing Community Chest.
Join us as a trustee, and enjoy the convenience of our location, flexibility in hours, and the rewarding experience of making a difference in the Worthing community.
When do I need to be available?
This is a highly flexible role, allowing you to work at your own convenience, with the exception of board meetings.
Here’s what you can expect regarding time commitments:
1. Board Meetings: Board meetings are held every six weeks, providing a structured framework for important discussions and decisions. These meetings take place between 6:30-8:30 pm.
2. Working Groups: Working groups, aimed at fundraising and partnership activities, are scheduled at times that accommodate the availability of trustees. This flexibility ensures that you can actively participate and contribute in a way that suits your schedule.
3. Estimated Time Commitment: On average, the role requires approximately 10 hours per month. This includes board meetings, working group involvement, and any additional tasks related to fundraising and project implementation. Enjoy the flexibility of working in your own hours, collaborating with fellow trustees, and making a positive impact on the Worthing Community.