Small Group? Just getting started?
You’re in the right place!
During the Covid-19 Pandemic, we started giving out emergency crisis funding to support short-term projects or groups to keep doing brilliant things to help one another in our community. This has now been replaced with our Seed Grant which we accept on a rolling basis, all year round!
- Please note that our next funding round deadline is 29th February 2024.
- We will discuss grant applications received at our grants’ committee in March 2024.
- A decision is made on Seed Grants and Grass Roots grant at this committee.
- The committee also decide whether to pass Grants for Growth forward to Appraisal Panel.
- The Appraisal Panel meet around the 27th March 2024, at which point the Grants for Growth decision will be made.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are our criteria
- improving the quality of life for those that be disadvantaged
- promoting social cohesion
- proposing a new or innovative idea
- improving the community
- enhancing an existing group or service
- please refer to our full list of criteria.
What we promise
- To actively support projects and groups through the application process
- To treat every application individually and equally
- To ensure that the money within the grant awarded is spent on the items agreed during your application
Who makes the decision
At the very beginning of the process, when you’re preparing your application for submission, you will be guided through this by our wonderful grants administrator Susan! Your application will then be reviewed by our Grants Committee which consists of three of our trustees.
Where do we fund
What we don't fund
We do not fund salaries or groups/projects outside the Worthing boundary shown in the map above.