Are you an established group looking to get funding?
The £1,500 Grants for Growth funding stream is aimed at existing groups or projects, in Worthing, looking to expand and develop. Grants for Growth are NOT open for year round applications, please see the tab to the right titled “When Are Our Funding Rounds?” for more information about deadlines.
Check out our full Grants Criteria below. If you have any questions please get in touch.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are our criteria
- your project must primarily benefit residents of Worthing
- you will need a bank or building society account for your organisation or project
- you must have a set of rules or constitution
- your annual income as an organisation must be under £100,000
- successful applicants must wait 2 years since their initial Appraisal panel to apply for subsequent funding
- successful groups will become members of WCC for 2 years from the date of their award, and have voting rights at our AGM
- we do NOT forward fund Grants for Growth
- we do NOT fund salaries
- please see our full list of criteria.
when are our funding rounds
- Winter Round 2024 - Opens Jan 1st - Deadline Feb 29th
- Spring Round 2024 - Opens May 1st - Deadline June 30th
- Autumn Round 2024 - Opens Sep 1st - Deadline 31st Oct
Who makes the decision
At the very beginning of the process, when you're preparing your application for submission, you will be guided by our wonderful Grants Administrator, Susan! Once your application is complete, our Grants Committee of trustees will make necessary checks regarding the structure and finance of your organisation before passing your application to our Appraisal Panel. The Appraisal Panel comprises representatives from previously funded groups and meets three times a year to consider applications and make the final decisions.
Where do we fund
What we don't fund
We do not fund salaries, groups over £100k annual turnover, or groups outside the Worthing boundary, shown in the map above. Please see our full list of criteria.